Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2pt Corn Bread



I love Trader Joe's Jalapeno Blue Corn Bread Mix but it is 4pts per serving if made according to the box. I decided to slightly alter it tonight and managed to get it to 2pts per piece. Not sure if I actually did it right or if I am better off following the instructions but either way here is the box directions versus mine.
Box: 9 servings NI per serving in MIX only. Based on 1/9 pan as a serving. 8x8x2 pan
Cal: 170
Fat: 1*
Sodium: 390
Carb: 36
Fiber: 1
Sugar: 14
Protein: 3
Points: 3
As prepared using 1/2C canola oil, 3/4C LF milk and 1 large egg. (according to box)
Cal: 270
Fat: 13
Sodium: 410
Carb: 37
Fiber: 1
Sugar: 14
Protein: 4
Points: 6
Mine: 20 servings, my pan is 9x12x2
I used 1 box of mix, 3/4C FF milk, .5C unsweetened apple sauce, and 2TBS Flaxseed Meal for more fiber
Cal: 84.5
Fat: .3
Sodium: 25.5
Carb: 3.1
Fiber: .4
Sugar: 1.7
Protein: .7
Points: 2
It's not as thick as it should be but this way makes you feel like you are eating more and you can have 2 pieces for 4 points.

1 comment:

Roni said...

Heeey! What's this? A new food blog?

LOL

Can't wait to see some more ideas!