This recipe was inspired by this recipe from Kathy Calculates: RecipesAs usual, I can't just follow a recipe as is so I altered it slightly creating more of a candied butternut squash. And then served it with Breyer's Vanilla Light Double Churn Ice Cream for 3 pts of goodness!
Approximately 1/4 of a medium/large butternut squash ( the bottom bulb portion)
Pinch and a half of ground ginger
Pinch and a half of ground nutmeg
1 1/2 TBS sugar (use Splenda if you have it)
Pinch and a half of ground cinnamon
Half Pinch of cayenne
(I actually have a measuring spoon marked "Pinch")
Mix the dry ingredients together in a small prep bowl until you get a nice sand colored powder. Put sliced butternut squash in a mixing bowl and sprinkle half the dry mixture over the squash and mix with a spatula. Once things look evenly coated add the rest of the mixture and continue to mix until all squash is coated well and evenly.
Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes on 375. Let cook and serve alone or with Breyer's Vanilla Light Double Churn Ice Cream.
Makes 2 servings
3 points with ice cream
The husband really liked this treat and even rated it a 7.75 out of 10.
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds really delicious. I have bookmarked it!
Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!
Post a Comment